Search This Blog

Saturday 11 October 2014

2014 Challenge : Jumpstart 7 Day Weight Loss Program

Hi all

On October 2012, I shared my experience with the Jumpstart 7 Day Weight Loss Program.  Please follow the link below to read this post.
My weightloss story - Jumpstart 7 Day Weight Loss Program
http://healthandbeautyfair.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-weightloss-story-jumpstart-7-day.html

I did the Jumpstart 7 Day Weight Loss Program in the beginning of 2010 and lost 3 kg's during that week and a further 13 kg's thereafter by eating healthy.  That is a loss of 16 kg's in total.

My daughter was ill a few weeks back so I took her to the doctor.  The doctor took her blood pressure, weighed her etc.  He is very thorough, even though she just had flu symptoms.  He said that she needs to lose weight and follow a healthy eating plan.  If she doesn't, she would have problems with her weight later in life.  She is 14 years old and she is a little over-weight for her age.

So I knew what I needed to do for her and myself.  Winter 2014 was not kind to me with all the comfort food that I finally gave in to.  So I had a couple of kilos to lose myself. So on Saturday 4th October 2014, we embarked on our 1 week Jumpstart journey.  I found that doing this program first, after the toxins are eliminated, made it easier for the weight to fall off when you follow a healthy eating plan thereafter.

I really meant to blog each day and show pictures of the juices and do daily updates of our weight loss, but everything was a rush and I still had to work.  I took leave from work but only in the afternoons.   It was also the best week to do this program as my daughter was on school holiday.

I woke up every morning and made our breakfast juice.  Then I would make our mid-morning juice to take with me to work and one for my daughter as well.  I would then finish work and rush home to make our lunch juice.  Then I would make a list of fruit and veggies I needed for the next 2 days and go shopping,  Then at 6pm we would have our mid-afternoon juice, and our last one at 9pm.

Make no mistake, I was tired of the running around but unfortunately work deadlines still had to be fulfilled.  Its also harder making juices for more than one person.  The juicer has to be cleaned all the time so that was more work.  I had to do shopping everyday.  The last time I bought all the veggies all at once and they couldn't all fit into the fridge and started going bad half way through the week.
This time I made list for things I needed for 2 days at a time.

So as of this morning Saturday 11th October I have lost 4 kg's, 2 cm on my hip, 8 cm on my waist and zero cm on my bust.  My daughter has lost 2 kg's, 5 cm on her hip, 23 cm on her waist and 3 cm on her bust.  I am very happy with losing 4 kg's in 7 days.

The book gives you a guideline of what of what to do after the 7 day Jumpstart program, which is what we started this morning. Hopefully I will do an update post later on detailing our progress.


Thank you for reading
Xoxo
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment