Search This Blog

Sunday 18 August 2013

Review :Bee Natural Rich Rehydrating Face Balm


Hi All

I have been using the Bee Natural Rich Rehydrating Face Balm for almost two months now.
I actually received a sample size a while ago in a Rubybox, kept it unopened for a while and then gave it away.  It did not appeal to me at the time.  There was no ingredient list or any information on the sample pot.

I then started hearing good things about it, then stumbled upon it in Dischem.  It is 30ml for about R69 (if I remember correctly).   I read the packaging and was intrigued.  I then googled it here: http://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za/Bee-Natural-Rich-Rehydrating-Face-Balm-p-2600.html
After some research I went back to Dischem later that month and bought one.  The ingredient "Retinol" intrigued me the most.  It is non-toxic, fragrance, preservative and chemical free - 100% natural.  It is suitable for all skin types and age groups especially allergy skins.  Intense nourishment day, night and eye balm all in one.

Description on the website:
"Bee Natural's Rich Rehydrating Face Balm is the ultimate natural skin care product to use for nourishing, moisturizing and rejuvinating facial skin. The unique combination of beeswax, raw honey, propolis, pollen, retinol, collagen, elastin, Q10, jojoba and avocado oil rapidly penetrate the skin - expect a visible difference after first application! The balm also contains a plan based SPF 15 thus prociding safe and natural protection from UV rays."

"It is interesting to note that pollen, found in raw, non-irradiated honey, is rich in a variety of vitamins, especially B12 and E, contains 22 different amino acids which are the building blocks of cell development and 27 minerals including zinc - a major component in skin and nail repair."
 
"In comparison to other expensive and commonly used face creams and moisturizers, Bee Natural's Rich Rehydrating Face Balm is far superior being 100% natural, affordable, versatile, effective and long lasting. This balm is an essential part of your best skin care routine!"

Directions for use:
Apply twice daily, warm minute amount  in palm of hand and massage gently into skin until shine disappears:

How I use it:
Seriously this is a thick yellow pollen looking balm, so a minute amount is all you really need.  I do not rub until the shine disappears, otherwise I would be rubbing the whole night.  I use it at night all over the face and neck as well as on my eyelid and under my eyes.  By the time morning has arrived, it absorbes into my skin.  It also plays well with my travel size Clarins water based serum underneath it.  It does feel like it will never absorb when you first put it on, but it does.  I also use this in the morning, but as an eyebalm (not over my whole face) and maybe around my nose if I have dry patches in that area.  I have very dry undereyes. and this has really helped me.  My eyes look extra dry when concealer is applied on them, but concealer over this balm, works really well for me, better than any eye cream that I have used. I have never really found an HG eye cream, and I have used many.  Even if I stop using this balm in summer, I will continue to use it under my eyes.

There is no percentage of Retinol on the bottle, so I don't know if its enough to make a difference yet.
I am glad that it does not block my pores and is great for sensitive skin.  I must also mention that I didn't fancy the smell in the beginning, but it grew on me.  Also, because it has a thick balmy consistency, it will take long for this bottle to get finished.  So for something so affordable, with the right ingredients, it proves that you don't need to spend $$ on high end brands all the time.

Besides Dischem, the websites below show other products from the range.  However Dischem prices do seem to be cheaper.   It is also sold on the Rubybox website.

http://www.greenlove.co.za/face-balm-hydrating-100ml/
www.beenatural.co.za
http://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za/Bee-Natural-Rich-Rehydrating-Face-Balm-p-2600.html

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Nats

No comments:

Post a Comment