Search This Blog

Sunday 10 March 2013

Review: New Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks



At the end of February I was in the queue at Woolworth's waiting to pay when I spotted the March 2013 Destiny Magazine.  What caught my eye? Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks FREE with the purchase of the magazine.  This magazine costs R29.90. The free lipstick was a full size and not a mini and retails for R145.

Needless to say I took four.  The teller looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care.
There where only four shades to choose from:


- 040 Flashing Lights - peachy coral


- 015 Runway - nudey brown


- 005 Muse - light mauve


- 035 Backstage - raisin brown

These lipstick apply exactly as the name suggests "suede".  It goes on smooth and moisturising.  After about 20 minutes it settles to a matte finish.  Essentially matte lipsticks are long-wearing lipsticks, and they last a long time on the lips.  Matte lipsticks also tend to be drying on the lips which feels uncomfortable, so you need to apply a lip balm underneath.

By force of habit with all lipsticks, I always apply lip balm, lip primer, lip liner, lipstick and top it off with some lipgloss. (A lot, I know)  but using a lip primer ensures me that my lipstick will wear for a longer period.  I did not own any long-wear lipsticks so this was essential for me.

This lipstick does not really require a primer and will last for a long time on it's own.  Though adding a lipgloss does make the lipstick less long wearing.  So, these lipsticks have vibrant colour pay-off and are long-wearing.
People who don't like matte lipsticks will not enjoy it. However, adding a lip balm and a lipgloss transforms it into a regular lipstick.

I have used Flashing Lights and Runway.  Backstage and Muse I will be giving to a friend.

Have you tried these Revlon lipsticks?  If so what was your impression of them?

Xoxo


1 comment:

  1. I really like these :) They do not last as long as other ColorStay lippies, but still MUCH longer than normal lipstick. They are a little bit drying, so I also add a bit of balm or gloss. All in all, I'm very happy with this product :)

    ReplyDelete