Search This Blog

Saturday 8 December 2012

UBU Blender Baby Foundation Sponge - Beauty Blender


I have been watching YouTube makeup gurus rave about the infamous "Beauty Blender" for so long with envy.  I Googled the Beauty Blender in South Africa a year ago and came up with a.price of over R300 excluding shipping. No ways was I going to pay so much for a sponge and took it off my lemming list.


Well, three weeks ago I was doing my toiletry shopping at Clicks with a friend when she spotted the UBU Beauty Blender.  I could not believe my eyes and grabbed that baby off the shelf immediately.  It retails for R99 and yes it was totally worth it! I have been testing it out, and now I know what all the rave was about.  I have many other brushes from UBU and knew that they have good quality products.


The first thing that caught my eye was the pink sticker on the box saying " no latex ladies".  Some people are.allergic to latex, so those that do will not get an allergic reaction to this. 

I found that you can use it wet or dry. All I do s wet the blender and squeeze out the excess water.  I then dot the foundation onto my face then use the blender to smooth it out.  It gives the most natural finish. There are no streaky foundation lines and my face looks smooth.  I along use the smaller pointed end to smooth out concealer under my eyes - eliminates the caked up look. This blender cuts my application time in half.  Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

I also wash my sponge like I.wash my regular foundation brushes.  I have a previous blogpost on how I wash my brushes. 

Have you tried the UBU Blender Baby Foundation Sponge? If so, leave me a.comment below and let me know how you like it or not.

Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I have the Beautyblender and the UBU sponge. Both work great and my foundation brush is gathering dust! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really helped me guess i was facing the same dilemma as you ☺

    xxx Michaela N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly I live in a small town in Kwa-Zulu natal, and to my suprise i was able to find it t our local clicks, big up to them, cause you know the usual drama of being left out of the newest items in smaller towns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Glad u found it. I use the one from Dischem now. Its about R26.
      Regards Natalie

      Delete
  4. hi does this suck up your foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Not that I can remember. I haven't repurchased In a while. Use the the Dischem brand now. Its more affordable and does a good job. Tganka

      Delete