Search This Blog

Sunday 1 July 2012

May and June 2012 favourites

Hi there

In the month of May 2012, I was soo busy with Auditors at work that I did not get a chance to upload my monthly favourites which is why I am doing May and June in one post. As a result there are going to be quite a few products mentioned.

MAY 2012:
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
My skin is sensitive, and now that winter has approached it is very dry and has lost its glow and radiance. This balm claims to remove all signs of fatigue, fill out lines and give a radiant glow. It contains olive extract and witch hazel to tighten, bisabolol to soften, and Algae extract to revitalise. I use this product as a make up base although it can be used as a face mask too. To use it I press it in to my skin and then apply make up straight away.  It must not be rubbed into the skin.  It has very good reviews online and I finally buckled and purchased this with no regrets.

Mac Irredescent Powder - Belightful
Mac Irredescent Powder in Beightful is a gorgeous highlighter.  I tend to use this on a night out, but now that winter has approached it is perfect for daytime as well.  I forgot how gorgeous it really is.

Fira Bees Wax Lip Sheers Moisturising Lip Color
I purchased four of these in Cocoa, Rhubarb, Guava, Watermelon and Nutmeg.  They are super pigmented, way more than Revlon Lip Butters.  I decided to purchase these instead.  They are made with Bees Wax so you can be sure that thay are nourishing on the lips especially in winter.  A seperate lipstick and gloss is not needed.  Perfect for when you are on the go.  It also comes in Champagne and one or two other colours. They can be purchased form Dischem at a super low price.  I highly recommend these.

Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Loose Powder
I was surprised with this powder.  I did not expect much for the price, but I was impressed.  It is supposed to blur imperfections and can be used over blush to set makeup.  I mainly use it on my T Zone.  I like that it does not dry out my skin. I apply it with a fan brush.  It would be comparable to Mac Prep & Prime powder.
Natur Vital Hair Mask - Sensitive
I purchased this after  I used the permamnet hair straightening kit on my hair.  I am trying not to use any products with harsh ingredients on my hair. I like how soft and hydrated it leaves my hair.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Anti-Chip Top Coat

 I cant rave enough about this product enough.  The nail polish on my toe-nails will last for at least 3 weeks without budging.  It is worth the price and will repurchase when this is finished.

Beaute Cosmetics - Antique Rose Nail Polish
I used the colour Antique Rose on my toe-nails in the month of May 2012, with Sally Hansen Insta DryTop Coat over it.  I love this colour and looks pretty good on my toe-nails.

Natures Choice Miracle Goji Granola
Goji Berries are supposed to have excellent health benefits.  I picked this up from the health Isle in Dischem and tried it.  I add some soy milk and I love it.  I normally add cranberries to every cereal I try but since I found this, it is all I eat in the morning.  It defeinitly has increased my matabolism and it tastes great.


JUNE 2012:


Supreme Cream Body Butter
 I am a body cream / butter fanatic- the more buttery the better, thanks to my obsession with keeping my heals moist. This product claims to be "super spreadable", leaving your skin "super soft and utterly divine", and, to my delight, it did exactly what it promised. It smells good enough to eat, feels luxe to the touch and left my skin feeling beautifully nourished. I was particularly impressed with the quality and consistency of the cream.

Revlon 3D Volume Mascara


I received this mascara in one of my Glambox subscriptions.  I like that the brush allows you to coat every lash and comb through them so that you do not get clumps.  However more than one coat is required if used alone.  I like to use this as a "finishing mascara" after I have applied another mascara first.

Sleek I Divine Palette - AU NATUREL


I think I showed this palette in a previuos monthly favourites blogpost, but I had to show it again.  I found myself reaching for this palette almost everyday in June and creating the same look over and over. My favourite colour from this palette is Regal.  I also use Noir everyday to set my black eyeliner and it just intensifies it and finishes the look.

Copper Plum Nail Polish
This colour does not look like much in the bottle, but is gorgeous on the toenails.  Topped with Sally Hansen Anti Chip Top Coat, it has lasted for 4 weeks.

Time-Less Nourishing Oil


Time -Less Nourishing Oil is similar to Bio oil or tissue oil, but it is easily absorbed and is not greasy.  It is endorsed by weigh-less.  I believe this is beacuse Bio Oil make stretch marks black?  I dont know but I dont use Time-less oil for stretch marks at all.  It was recommended to me by a friend.  She uses it on her face instead of a moisturiser on the morning.  I however found a different use for it.  I add a few drops into my cleansing lotion at night.  It make my makeup melt right off.  Especially since my foundation is waterproof, I found this works very well instead of going out to buy an expensive cleansing oil.

Bionike Defence CodeXage regenerating ant-aging mask
Sensitive and intolerant skin
This mask feels lxurious on the skin.  I apply it directly after I exfoliate and it instantly soothes and moisturises the skin.  After I rinse it off, my skin is soo smooth.  The Bionike range is sold exlusively at Dischem.  I received this as a gift with purchase when I purchased my moisturiser.  It also came with an excellent eye cream and a cute purse / bag.
Estee Lauder: New Pure Color Crystal Lipstick - # 01 Crytal Baby (Creme)
My sister received this lipstick as a gift with purchase from Estee Lauder and gave it to me.  I love this colour.  It is the perfect pink for me and it is an everyday wearable colour for the office so I will never look overdone.  It is very flattering and has good colour payoff.

Nyx Push Up Bra for eyebrows
This was purchased to get a gift with purchase from Nyx but I did not use it for at least two months after purchase.  I know use the light pink side everyday.  I apply it to my brow bone then apply my highlight colour over it.  You wont believe the difference it makes.  I have not used the brown colour on my brows yet as I am still using my HG wax brow pen from Revlon, which I am almost out of , so I will be giving this a try as well.


Thanks for looking at my May and June 2012 favourites.  I know this was a long post but I needed to play catch -up and I have been truly loving all the products mentioned above.

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment