Search This Blog

Sunday 29 July 2012

July 2012 Favourites

July has been a very busy month for me but I made a note of a few products I have been loving this month.

Coastal Scents 26 Shadow Blush Palette


I had ordered this palette from Coastal scents a few months back.  I have had this gem packed away, so out of sight means out of mind.  I made a point to put in in my clear view so I have to use it and I put every other palette away.  It has awesome pigmentation.  I have received compliments this month when I used eyeshadows from this palette.  I think the colours are gorgeous in my opinion.



Palladio. "Fairy Dust" herbal & mineral enriched loose shadow
This loose eyeshadow is a very pretty iridescent powder.  I do not use it alone.  I apply it over the eyeshadow that I have placed on the eyelid.  I used it mainly over pink eyeshadow from the Coastal Scents palette mentioned above, and have received compliments.  It just makes the eyeshadow go from dull to fab! 

Essence - I love stage eyeshadow base
 My skin in pretty dry in winter including my eyelids.  My other primers, while it worked magic in summer, it was too drying in winter.  I watched a haul by fashionismycrush on You tube who said it was good.  Essence is generally inexpensive so I thought I would give it a dry.  It is great!  No more dry eyelids and my eyeshadow stays on all day. 

Like Silk Eye Makeup Remover  
I received this full sized bottle in a Glambox subscription a few months back and was actually too scared to try it.  I have sensitive skin and didn't  know how my skin / eyes would react to it.  I eventually ran out of my Estee Lauder eye makeup remover and pulled this out and tried it.  It is gentle on the eyes and removes all traces of eye makeup.  It is not expensive at all and will purchase once I am out of this one.  That might be a while because you need only a little at a time.

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation - NC25
My bottle of Estee Lauder Double Wear stay in place foundation finished.  I wanted another full coverage foundation that was not so drying on my dehydrated winter skin.  I am generally an NC30 in the Mac Studio Fix powder foundation.  However, the SA matched me to NC35.  I went out into the natural light, and it was way too dark.  So the next day I purchased the NC30.  To my surprise it was still too dark. I went onto the Internet and found out that Studio Sculpt runs darker than their other foundations.  So that makes me an NC25 in Studio Sculpt.  Anyway, this foundation is full coverage but does not look over done or cakey.  It has a natural satin finish.  It caters for dry skin as it has serum in it.  It has a better staying power on me if I apply a primer underneath and set it with rice powder.  It looks even better when I mix it with the Estee Lauder Double Wear, then I get the best of both worlds!  

Essence eyeliner brush
I had packed my other eyeliner brush away and could not find it, so I grabbed this one and was impressed by the precise application it gives.  I apply a black eyeliner pencil on my upper lash line as a base for the powder I apply over.  I then take this brush and dip it in black eyeshadow and line my lids over the black pencil.  It looks like I have applied a liquid or gel eyeliner.  It looks really nice IMO.

I love watching videos and reading blogs showing monthly favourites, so leave a comment below telling me what your favourites where.

Thanks for reading
xoxo
Nats

No comments:

Post a Comment