Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Foundation Catergory: Cream & Liquid Mineral Foundation

I am doing a series of blogposts about the different categories of foundations.  In previous posts I have already done reviews on powder foundations, loose and pressed mineral foundations. In my upcoming blogposts the foundations I am going to review are cream, mousse, liquid foundations and tinted moisturisers. In this post I am going to concentrate on cream and liquid mineral foundations

Mineral Foundations (Cream & Liquid)
In my opinion, loose powder foundations are messy and are not worth the trouble.  Cosmetic companies have since started producing mineral foundations in other variations such as pressed mineral powder foundations, cream mineral foundations and liquid mineral foundations. Below is a picture of The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Foundation Line. 



Cream Mineral Foundations

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation SPF 15
Since my skin is dry in winter I started trying cream foundations which will keep the moisture in my skin during the cold season.  I stumbled across The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Compact Foundation SPF 15.  I really like it.  I have tried other cream foundations before I tried this one.  This was the first Mineral Cream foundation I have tried and it was better than most of the normal cream foundations I have tried except one (Kryolan, which I will review in my cream foundations post coming up next).
It is marketed as a cream-to-powder mineral foundation.  I still tend to set it with a powder anyway unless my skin is ultra dry. It contains pure minerals and cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil for an immaculate finish. It has an ultra-blendable formula.  It has smooth medium to full coverage, contains SPF15 and is  Fragrance & Paraben-free .  The brush is supposed to be an Integrated cruelty-free brush 
It matches my skin tone perfectly and gives good coverage without looking fake and does not break me out. So if I get dry skin in winter, this is the cream foundation I will reach for.

Liquid Mineral Foundations

I have tested a few mineral foundations but have never purchased a full size because the coverage is very light.  I would not purchase unless I wanted something that had the same or slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.  Yes I want my foundation to look natural but, I would also like some coverage. If you have perfect skin and do not want want it to look like you are wearing foundation, then you may want to try these out.  Although you could same money and use a tinted moisturiser or just dust your face with setting powder instead.

Physicians Formula: Mineral Wear™ Talc-Free Mineral Liquid Foundation

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation
Estee Lauder 'Nutritious' Vita-Mineral Liquid Foundation SPF 10
Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Liquid Foundation



1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly
    enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    My webpage; meladerm

    ReplyDelete